Parboil Rice Cooking Instructions
- Combine in a 2 quart saucepan – 1 cup rice, 2 ¼ cups water, 1 tsp salt (optional) and 1 tbsp oil or margarine (optional).
- Stir lightly, bring to a rolling boil and reduce heat to simmer, cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand covered for 5 minutes.
Microwave Cooking Instructions
- Combine 1 cup rice, 2 cups water, 1 tsp salt (optional) and 1 tbsp oil or margarine (optional) in a deep 2 quart covered microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave at 100% (high) power for 5 minutes.
- Reduce setting to 50% (medium) power and microwave for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove dish and allow to stand covered for 5-10 minutes. Fluff with fork. Microwave ovens vary; adjust times as needed.