What is BD Provisions?
noun pro·vi·sion \ prə-ˈvi-zhən \
a stock of needed materials or supplies; especially : a stock of food —usually used in plural
BD Provisions is a carefully curated collection of bulk foods sold by the pound, in sustainable containers, plus coffee beans roasted on site. We have over 270 foods in bulk – ranging from your basic pantry staples to that crazy new superfood everyone’s been talking about.
Everything in store is fresh and in total abundance – come take a scoop into one of our bins and feel that instant satisfaction that you get taking as much as you want and not paying a penny more than what you need.
Some Features and Key Differentiators
- A hand-selected assortment of over 270 bulk teas, spices, grains, snacks, baking ingredients, nuts, candies, chocolates and more sold by weight.
- Coffee beans roasted right in the front of our store for the ultimate in freshness and craftmanship.
- Artisan Olive Oils, Balsamic Vinegar and Local Honey always on tap.
- A range of all natural Health and Wellness products to care for your mind and body.
- Zero Waste, Low Waste and Biodegradable/Compostable packaging options to minimize our impact on the environment.
We are simply two couples of busy parents and professionals that have always wanted to help the earth but didn’t know about all of the options out there to replace conventional, often single-use options.
We started researching ways to reduce waste in our daily lives and began following people on social media that have devoted their lives to zero waste lifestyles to see how they were doing it. We quickly realized that reducing your waste is achievable if you have the right options available to you and the right education.
BD Provisions was founded on the idea that consumers are ready to move towards more sustainable lifestyles and everyone moves at his or her own pace. We believe that if given healthy, convenient and affordable solutions, change can happen in our lifetime. Nobody is perfect, including us, but the most important thing we’ve learned is that you’ve got to start somewhere and you’ve got to start now.
John & Cynthia Boccuzzi, Co-Founders
Tony and Tara DiPippa, Co-Founders