What We Stand For...
- Quality | we source exclusively from the most reputable suppliers and have tasted hundreds of products to select only the very best products to present to our customers.
- Freshness | From our coffee beans that are roasted on-site to our nut grinders that let you grind your own nut butters on demand, we are committed to providing the freshest products to the discerning palates of our customers.
- Low Waste Solutions | when it comes to reducing waste and our impact on the planet, nobody is 100% perfect- including us. We offer zero or low waste alternatives to our customers because we believe that collectively, small steps can lead to big changes.
- Balance | we believe life is all about balance. We offer abundant healthy and all-natural options for everyday consumption, but we also believe everyone needs and deserves the occasional indulgence.
- Mindful Pricing | At BD Provisions, our customer is in charge of the final price. Our bulk is brandless and packageless so you’re not paying for anything other than the food. Our pay by the pound approach for our bulk selections means that you pay only for what you need and leave the rest for your friends and neighbors.and finally…
- Surprise and Delighting Our Customers | with constant rotation of in and out items, shopping at BD Provisions is like a treasure hunt. You’ll never know what new taste discovery awaits you when you walk through our doors!
Many customers come in the store and are amazed at the selection and all of the cool features and ask us “where on earth did you get the idea for this store?”
The Boccuzzi’s were on vacation and saw a bulk food store and liked the idea of food in bulk, but did not like all the plastic packaging that the store offered. They told the DiPippas about their trip and the two couples started to talk about how they could take the concept of bulk food but elevate it to more of a foodie paradise, at affordable prices and with eco-friendly packaging. And thus, the idea for BD Provisions was born. And then, the ideas didn’t stop- “Let’s roast our own coffee” and “let’s have an all-natural healthy and beauty section” and “how about we offer a mason jar exchange” and we kept going and going until we believed we knew exactly what we wanted for our first store.
BD Provisions was founded on the idea that consumers are ready to move towards more sustainable lifestyles and everyone moves at his or her own pace. We believe that if given healthy, convenient and affordable solutions, change can happen in our lifetime. Nobody is perfect, including us, but the most important thing we’ve learned is that you’ve got to start somewhere!
Co-founders Cynthia Boccuzzi, John Boccuzzi
Co-founders Tony DiPippa and Tara DiPippa